[pm-h] Meeting Surprise

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Wed Sep 13 05:14:17 PDT 2006

Those who were at our meeting last night found a surprise at the door. HAL-PC
has added a card reader that requires a membership card after 6PM.

When we originally combined the Houston.pm meetings and the Perl SIG, the
policy had been more lenient towards non-members. We have always encouraged
people to join HAL-PC, but have not pushed the issue too hard.

The current policy seems to be that they are going to be requiring membership
a visitor allowed to come once without being a member. Since this is their
space, we need to abide by their rules.

This means it is time for a question that we haven't asked in a while.

  Are we happy with the current location, or do we need to find a better one?

If we change locations, we would also reconsider meeting time.

If you haven't been able to make the meetings because of the location or time,
now's your chance to speak up and get the meetings where you want them.

  Do you know of a space we could use?
  Do you have a better time?
  Would you prefer a dinner get-together rather than a technical meeting?
  Would you prefer a quick lunch meeting to an evening meeting?

All options are on the table.

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.