[pm-h] May presentation is up

Mike Flannigan mikeflan at earthlink.net
Sun May 14 18:25:33 PDT 2006

"G. Wade Johnson" wrote:

> The website (http://houston.pm.org/) has been updated with the May
> presentation (http://houston.pm.org/talks/2006talks/0605Talk/).
>
> Once again, we need a topic for next month.
>
> Anybody working on a project they would like to present?
>
> Anybody very familiar with a module they would like to present?
>
> Based on some of the questions from the last few meetings, I can see a few
> other topics that might be of interest:
>
> 1. Favorite tools for programming in Perl
>  - IDEs/editors
>  - Debugging tools
>  - Testing tools
>  - Version control tools
>  - etc.
>
> 2. Debugging techniques for Perl
>  - Command line
>  - CGI
>  - mod_perl (maybe)
>
> 3. A survey of the group's favorite Perl modules.
>  - We could probably whip up a quickie survey script to have people vote
>    on-line for their favorite modules... or not.
>
> G. Wade

I don't come to the meetings much anymore either, but I
like the idea of covering Perl tools and modules.  My
favorite modules?  I use Win32::Clipboard quite a bit.

I also use many of the Geo modules, and Archive::Zip.
The latter one is terrible, but I use it some.

You would think with all the Perl stuff I do I would
use more modules.  I use a few that I wrote, but not
too many from the community.

There are a lot of web pages on subversion, but I
couldn't figure out what it was.  I see it can be used
for Version and Source Control, amongst other things.

Mike