[pm-h] May presentation is up

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Mon May 15 05:08:25 PDT 2006

On Sun, 14 May 2006 20:25:33 -0500
Mike Flannigan <mikeflan at earthlink.net> wrote:

> "G. Wade Johnson" wrote:

[snip]

> > 3. A survey of the group's favorite Perl modules.
> >  - We could probably whip up a quickie survey script to have people vote
> >    on-line for their favorite modules... or not.
> >
> > G. Wade
>
> I don't come to the meetings much anymore either, but I
> like the idea of covering Perl tools and modules.  My
> favorite modules?  I use Win32::Clipboard quite a bit.
>
> I also use many of the Geo modules, and Archive::Zip.
> The latter one is terrible, but I use it some.

Would you be willing to do a presentation or write something up on the modules
you use? (A quick blurb hitting the high points would be good.)

> You would think with all the Perl stuff I do I would
> use more modules.  I use a few that I wrote, but not
> too many from the community.

It seems a lot of people find themselves in that state.<shrug/>

> There are a lot of web pages on subversion, but I
> couldn't figure out what it was.  I see it can be used
> for Version and Source Control, amongst other things.

Maybe you could come to Paul's talk, and learn more.<hint/><nudge/>

A product's only late once, but it can suck forever.
                                     -- Ben Spees, Ambrosia Software