[pm-h] Meeting Technology

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Sun Oct 30 17:51:00 PST 2005

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 19:19:52 -0600
Mike Flannigan <mikeflan at earthlink.net> wrote:

> "G. Wade Johnson" wrote:
>
> > I was talking to Chuck a few days ago and he had a suggestion for the
> > meetings. He pointed out that it would be cool to provide our meetings in
> > real-time over the Net.
> >
> > This would allow people who can't physically make it to still participate
> > in the meetings. We might even be able to archive some of the meeting for
> > download from the website.
> >
> > Does anyone have any real experience with doing something like this?
> >
> > G. Wade
>
> Wow, that is a great suggestion.  I don't know why Chuck
> was the only one to think of it.  I'm guessing it's hard to do,
> but maybe not.  I don't have any experience doing that.
> I guess just a sound track with a few posted slides would
> do the job nicely for those with broad band.
>
> Please assign this to somebody other than me  :-)
> I'm not the best person to pursue this great suggestion.

Well... Since this is a user group and not a business, I don't think any of us
could 'assign' something to anyone else.<grin/>

The main thing I am looking for is anyone with any experience in this kind of
technology. (Or failing that, anyone who knows someone ...)

Chuck is probably right that this would really be useful for the group.
Recording the sessions and posting the audio might be a good first step, but
real-time (with archives) would be much cooler. A virtual meeting would make
it easier for those who don't live near the HAL-PC headquarters to
watch and maybe participate.

I guess I could look into recording the audio and putting it up for download.
That would at least give us a start.

Any other ideas, resources, or experience?

Thanks,
DON'T PANIC! I'm a trained professional, and far more qualified to panic in
this situation than you are.