[Edinburgh-pm] Python user group

Murray perl at minty.org
Wed Feb 17 01:53:44 PST 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 09:25:40AM +0000, Miles Gould wrote:
> Further searching reveals that there's also a more recent version of
> mutt installed, imaginatively called mutt1.5. This handles all the
> List-* headers properly.

Care to share your mutt configuration for this?  Only because I find the
mutt manual a bit hard to digest, in the sense that all the information
is there but unless you grok 100% you're basically in an endless maze.

My meatware ram chips are more Apple IIe than GoogleBrain, so most of
the best muttrc magic I've picked up by copying others, often Aaron.

In any event, this is what I have:

  alternates (perl|redacted)@minty.org|redacted at googlemail.com
  subscribe edinburgh-pm at pm.org another.list at example.com
  send-hook '.' 'my_hdr From: Murray <redacted at minty.org>'
  send-hook '~l ~C edinburgh-pm' 'my_hdr From: Murray <perl at minty.org>'
  unset metoo

This ensures my sending address is the one I want for the list, which
isn't the same as my default/personal one.  I need to hit 'g' to
reply-all, which does cause everyone to get CC'd.  I've heard views that
cc'ing people on-list is bad form, so depending on how awake I am, I
sometimes trim.

I'm wondering if you have a magic "set the to line to be edinburgh.pm if
..." muttrc rule?  Because I don't appear to have the magic to
manipulate based on the List headers that you perhaps referred to?

and while I'm here, just in case, this is worth it (via Aaron):

  # go faster stripes
  set header_cache=~/.mutt/header_cache/

If you don't have this, try it.  Or at least read the docs.