[Dub-pm] Anyone going to the Irish Open Source Technology Conference?

Drew Taylor drew at drewtaylor.com
Wed Jun 4 03:33:10 PDT 2008

On 4 Jun 2008, at 11:25, Tim Bunce wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 11:47:10AM +1200, Grant McLean wrote:
>> On Wed, 2008-06-04 at 00:25 +0100, Tim Bunce wrote:
>>> [Tap, Tap, is this thing on? It's still very quiet in here.]
>>
>> I've been subscribed to this list since before I moved to Dublin in
>> 2000
>> and have never bothered unsubscribing since I returned to New
>> Zealand a
>> year later.  Of all messages to the list in that time, I'd estimate
>> almost half were sent by you :-)
>
> And I live 3 hours away from Dublin. Crazy.
>
> What is it with Perl users in Dublin?
> (London PM is big, active, and has great time.)
> I'll try promoting dublin-pm during my talk.

I may be crazy, but I emailed the group owner this morning about
restarting the group, possibly under my unexperienced leadership. :-)
As many software shops as (I think) there are in greater Dublin, we
should be able to find the core group of perl people.

As for London.pm, if you judge solely by the number of postings on
jobs.perl.org there seems to be a lot more perl developers in London
than Dublin. Perhaps the folks here are just silently keeping the
world turning.

And Tim, I owe you a pint for your DBI work. I don't think perl would
be where it is today if it didn't have such great database connectivity.

Drew