[Dub-pm] Off topic: Desk space sought in Dublin

Proinnsias Breathnach dubpm at project-bob.org
Tue Jul 19 05:11:25 PDT 2005

On Tue, Jul 19, 2005 at 01:05:52PM +0100, kieran wrote:
> Hi Proinnsias,
>
> >Kieran,
> >	I'm CC-ing the list, as it might be on-topic for others. Have
Turns out I hadn't my headers set right :)

> >you considered finding a DSL capable abode with a spare room you could
> >kit-out as an office...
> >

> Thanks for the advice.
> It's something I've considered, but rejected on account of the fact that
> I generally fail when I try to separate work from real life! I end up
> not being able to concentrate on my work, and also not giving my partner
> and baby son the attention that, when they're in the next room, I feel I
> _should_ be giving them!

Now *that's* an excuse I can empathise with ... I'm lucky, my
home-office is in an extension over the garage, and is quite seperate
from the rest of the house for the most part :)

> At present, I've a similar set-up in London, and find it works quite
> well. There's a nice mixture of companies (who even offer
> advice/services to each other on occasion). It's more central (which
> means it's useful when clients visit); and a couple of people to say
> "good morning / did you see the football last night" to is an
> oft-undervalued (imo) feature of an office!

That's very true :)

Best of luck with the search - there are a few 'business incubation
centres' but I'm not sure they're quite what you're after ... I'll keep
an ear out though :)