[Dub-pm] Call for Venue: First tech meeting of Dublin.pm

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Thu Sep 2 06:45:13 CDT 2004

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 12:23:27PM +0100, Nick Hilliard wrote:
> > I'm afraid I won't be attending YAPC::Europe, since holidays, other
> > commitments, and general awkwardness is getting in the way. However, I'm
> > hoping to arrange the first tech meeting of Dublin.pm for 23rd September. This
> > is the thursday after YAPC::Europe.
> Good places to try are typically the university societies, because they
> can host meetings like this for either free / nominal sum, and they tend
> to like doing to because it increases their membership.
> However, if you're going to talk to them, 23 September is probably a bad
> time, because it's before the start of term.

London.pm often holds tech meets in pubs' function rooms.  They don't
have projection facilities, of course, so we take our own projector.
That also has the advantage that the group leader can get everyone's
talks on his laptop and make sure that works with the projector, so time
isn't wasted trying to get laptops talking to projector.

One person can change the world, but most of the time they shouldn't
    -- Marge Simpson