[DCPM] meet up?

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 09:40:30 PST 2005

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 17:26:13 +0000, Neil Williams <linux at codehelp.co.uk> wrote:
> Explanation: I set up this as part of a set of four - Linux, OpenPGP, Perl and
> C/C++ - meetups. It was really just an experiment during the testing of new
> ways of running the DCGLUG website.
>
> Interest has been stunning - zero!

Yes, Perl in Devon & Cornwall is a bit of a niche that isn't going to
pick up many passing browsers :)

> We've had one DCPM meeting that I remember in Exeter, there's no reason not to
> have another at some time.

Any reason not to use the D & C Perl Mongers page and list?
Cross-posting to D&C LUG and announcing on use.perl should get the
attention of all but the most hermetic of local perl mongers :)

London.pm started with only a handful of people, now its probably one
of the most important perl groups worldwide.

The perl mongers have an irc server we could set up a channel on, but
it would help if we had an infobot to keep the channel open if nobody
is logged in. irc.perl.org, I'm often on it (TeeJay).

Cheers,

A. (bath.pm & london.pm)