[DCPM] meeting up

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Thu Aug 4 11:41:27 PDT 2005

On Thursday 04 August 2005 5:07 pm, Darke, Clive wrote:
> >If you plot the points on the map and take the centre of the smallest
> >circle which encloses all of the points, then the result is
> >approximately Okehampton.
>
> Since I am the only person actually in Okehampton...
>
> If there are only five people, you are welcome to come to my place
> (provided someone sweeps up the camel droppings).  A larger crowd would not
> be practical.  Or, I can recommend the London Inn.  There are lots of pubs
> in Oke, but only a few I would actually recommend.

Sounds good to me - I remember the number of attendees at previous meetings:
Exeter (4) and Barnstaple (2).

Just post a postcode for the venue and multimap will do the rest.
(oh and a postcode for a decent car park too)

Then all we need is a date.

Evening meet? Time?

Nothing before 7:30pm for me - in case it's a day that I'm working (most
places don't close until 6pm at the earliest and I could be anywhere from
Padstow to Paignton!).

If I'm home, Okehampton is anything from 1.5hrs to 2hrs from Plymouth,
depending on the starting time and therefore the time to get through
Tavistock. I suppose it's similar with those east of Exeter, getting through
Exeter / M5 / A30 anytime around rush hour is going to be slow.

--

Neil Williams