DCPM: RE: quest for comments

Matthew Browning M.Browning at plymouth.ac.uk
Wed May 29 03:15:21 CDT 2002

Good morning all.

Following on from what we were discussing last week (web site) I did a
bit of tinkering yesterday evening and have knocked up a very basic
approximation of how I see this looking.

It`s not very exciting yet and there is no content but hey:

http://www.matthewbrowning.uklinux.net/

I am *not* an artist but I know a guy who is and has promised to dress
up the top a bit.

If anyone wants to comment or submit improvements now is the time.

According to my interpretation, the obligatory use of the camel on the
page is compliant with this:

http://perl.oreilly.com/usage/faq.html

...but just to make sure I have contacted O`Reilly where a woman called
Cindy Wetterlund is preparing to confirm.  I`ll make whatever she sends
a comment in the source.

Current problems I am addressing:

1. Since it is a veritable CSS-fest you can more or less forget about it
in Netscape 4.x.  I have tried this out in Mozilla and IE and it looks
fine.  W3C `Strict' standards are complied to but there is obviously
some work to do here.  Haven`t tried Opera, haven`t even got the KDE
one.

2. Unoriginal as it may be, I visualise `latest news' ticking by the
middle column which can be added to by a chosen person (Steve).  In
terms of storage, this might as well just be read from a text file I
reckon - anyone?

Boom Shiggy Boom
MB