[Delhi-pm] Need a help in a code

Gora Mohanty gora.mohanty at spanacross.com
Thu Aug 27 13:38:26 PDT 2015

Dear Ravi,

I think that you are taking entirely the wrong approach to the problem, and
it would help if you stated your requirements up-front rather than
presenting something that will very likely not work.

* Are you even able to run your regex pattern-matching against a string of
"around millions of character"? In any reasonable amount of time, and with
reasonable resources?

* Even assuming that the above would work, did you try searching Google for
a solution to your issue:

https://www.google.co.in/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=regex+pattern+matching+large+string&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gfe_rd=cr&ei=YnPfVezgGqTv8wf0vaDYAg#channel=fs&q=perl+regex+iterate+over+number+of+matches
might be of help (I am actively restraining myself from a lmgtfy.com link).

Regards,
Gora