[Delhi-pm] Need a help in a code

RAVI KUMAR ravi.kumar at btech2009.iitgn.ac.in
Thu Aug 27 04:02:48 PDT 2015

Dear Admin,
I would like to know in pattern matching when I am giving this to search in
a big sequence file of "acgt"(around millions of character)

*$dna =  gg+[actg]{1,7}gg+[agct]{1,7}gg+[agct]{1,7}gg+*

*$longprotein1 =~ /(\w)*?$dna/g    .... ( for position for particular
match)*

So it is gonna give me all possible matches. Suppose I get like 100's of
matches, I would like to know all those 100 matches. Eg. What is my 51st
search and how many characters are there in it etc.

Could you please help me through this? My research is related to genetic
causes of cancer and I need this information very urgently. Lots of work is
in abeyance due to this problem.

Greatly appreciate your valuable time.

Thank You

warm Regards,