[Dahut-pm] Fwd: Decentralized versioning system at W3C

Chris Prather perigrin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 09:07:51 PST 2009

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 3:53 AM, Robin Berjon <robin at berjon.com> wrote:
> DAHUT!

DAAAAHHUUUUTTTT!

> I know there's solid Git experience here. Any suggestions? It would be rather helpful :)
>
> You can post directly to public-qa-dev at w3.org if you want (Cc me please), or I can forward ideas.
>
> Thanks for any input!
>
> Begin forwarded message:

>> The main two contenders seems to be Git and Mercurial; Git seems to a
>> growing number of tools, and more advanced features; Mercurial seems to
>> be easier to use, and possibly easier to set up on a larger number of
>> platforms.

 I'm  biased  because I don't really know Hg, but Git has been making
*huge* strides in becoming much more user friendly.

In addition adding commands to Git is trivial (just name a script
`git-foo` in your path, and `git foo` becomes available), it's
*incredibly* fast, and unlike `Moe` I like it's branching better than
any other system I've worked with, specifically I actually *branch*
now where as with sv[kn] I've found nothing but pain there.

-Chris