[columbus.pm] Perl 6, Perl Gods, and Free Food.

HOGUEJ at Nationwide.com HOGUEJ at Nationwide.com
Mon May 5 13:10:42 CDT 2003

I don't have anyone specific to talk on Perl 6. We can do it one of two
ways. I can go out and do a bunch of research on what's out there and bring
some info. and demos. Or we can split the subject up into some
sub-categories and have several members talk on it.

Some sub categories might be:
Why Perl 6
What changes in Perl 6
What is added in Perl 6
When will it be available in Production Quality
Who are the Major Players
Where can you get it
Parrot?
Where to Find More Information
      - What does it mean (apocolypses)
Cool Parrot Demos

Send a message to the group if you'd like to tackle one of these Perl 6 sub
topics for the May meeting. (or if you want to add your own)

==========================

Also, I will have access to these people at the end of May. These are the
Gods of all things Perl. What questions do you have for them? I'll bring
the answers to our June meeting (and post them some time after that.). Post
your questions to the group.

Also, I was thinking about collecting your favorite Perl book to be signed
by one or more of the following authors. (ie, have your programming perl
book signed by Larry Wall). Let me know if you are interested in such a
thing.

Damian Conway
Simon Cozens
Mark-Jason Dominus
Lawrence Miller
Jeff "japhy" Pinyan
Allison Randal
Randal Schwartz
Larry Wall
Casey West

==========================

Finally, thought about adding food to our meetings since it is during the
usual dinner time. I am in the process of looking for sponsors to provide
such nurishment. Let me know if you know someone who would like to buy
(pizza, pop, subs, wings, etc.) for our next meeting.

                                        MOTD for Mon May 5 09:41:54 2003

                                  "The truth is more important than the facts."

                                                                                - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

               brought to you by a herd of scripting camels

To send mail to the Columbus.pm list send email to
columbus-pm-list at pm.org

unsubscribe columbus-pm-list