[columbus.pm] Meeting 3/9/2000

Michael Benedict zosima at geocities.com
Mon Mar 6 17:12:29 CST 2000

Colin Walters wrote:

>     Jason> What: presentations/discussions with Mike and Colin - ways
>     Jason> to extend applications with perl...current uses, ideas,
>     Jason> etc.
>
> Well, it will probably be difficult to give an interesting
> presentation without the use of some sort of overhead projector or
> chalkboard.  I'll work on that, but for now don't expect anything big
> from my little talk :)  Maybe I'll save it for the next meeting, when
> we *will* have good presentation equipment, or else :)

What I am planning on doing (Jason, you will bring your laptop, right?) is
making 20 or so copies of my code with line numbers and handing them out
and talking about them.  Jason, could you download the script from
www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~benedict/sign-up.txt and set it up so it works on
your laptop?  I will basically let people look at the laptop and try out
the form, and explain it via the hand outs.  Sound cool?
Okay, let me know if someone is interested in posting an announcement to
some newsgroups like osu.sys.linux and cis.general, otherwise I should do
it (prolly tonight).  I am going to target my presentation to the lowest
comon denominator, so it would be nice to get some newbies and people
interested in perl there.  Plus, CGI stuff usually interests people.  Let
me know what you think.  Colin, I think that if you could give yours this
time you should (because you are good enough, smart enough, and gosh
darnit, people like you).  It would be nice to just get something decent
together and get people interested.
    peace,
        Mike

To send mail to the Columbus.pm list send email to
columbus-pm-list at happyfunball.pm.org