[Chicago-talk] Brief intro to Moose, plus real world Moose

Joel Berger joel.a.berger at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 09:17:22 PDT 2012

No not real Moose, but our beloved module for Perl.

I want to once again invite everyone to the Chicago.pm meeting
tonight. I will be introducing Moose, but fear not if you already love
it well, the introduction won't be long. I want this talk to start the
new ones down the path to Moose-yness but I get bored of
introductions. I want to show you how Moose has made my scientific
simulations easier.

I have written some interesting modules to help with science in Perl,
and I have written some high-powered simulations, all of which I hope
to show you. I hope to convince you that Perl's legendary flexibility
along with Moose's help has made Perl a contender in the scientific
world, though it may not know it yet. And if you are not a scientist,
you need not fear either. I won't fill you full of equations, and in
the end, my use of Moose could as easily inspire a stock trader
application or bank software or website; this is after all Moose in
the wild.

If you would like to attend, please visit the meetup page,
http://www.meetup.com/Windy-City-Perl-mongers-Meetup/events/71369352/
for more info and to RSVP. Yes we can get you in without RSVPing but
it is easier that way.

Cheers and I hope to see you all there!

Joel Berger