[Chicago-talk] Brief intro to Moose, plus real world Moose

Joel Berger joel.a.berger at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 09:17:22 PDT 2012

No not real Moose, but our beloved module for Perl.

I want to once again invite everyone to the Chicago.pm meeting
tonight. I will be introducing Moose, but fear not if you already love
it well, the introduction won't be long. I want this talk to start the
new ones down the path to Moose-yness but I get bored of
introductions. I want to show you how Moose has made my scientific
simulations easier.

I have written some interesting modules to help with science in Perl,
and I have written some high-powered simulations, all of which I hope
to show you. I hope to convince you that Perl's legendary flexibility
along with Moose's help has made Perl a contender in the scientific
world, though it may not know it yet. And if you are not a scientist,
you need not fear either. I won't fill you full of equations, and in
the end, my use of Moose could as easily inspire a stock trader
application or bank software or website; this is after all Moose in
the wild.

If you would like to attend, please visit the meetup page,
for more info and to RSVP. Yes we can get you in without RSVPing but
it is easier that way.

Cheers and I hope to see you all there!

Joel Berger