[Chicago-talk] Thursday -- Chicago.pm meeting!

Joel Berger joel.a.berger at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 10:23:48 PDT 2012

Hello everyone,

This thursday I will be presenting an enhanced version of my YAPC::NA
talk about my scientific modeling using Moose and other Modern Perl
niceties. Here is the announcement:

Title:
Signatures, Moose, and MooseX::Declare for real world applications

Abstract:
Moose and Method::Signatures have changed how object oriented code is
written in Perl. MooseX::Declare makes writing it even easier. In this
talk I will briefly introduce M::S, then Moose and finally MX::D
before moving on to show how I use these module (and some of my own)
to model the behavior of electron pulses in a time-resolved electron
microscope. Modern Perl OO makes this simulation comprehensible in
ways that other scientific languages couldn't. Don't worry I'll keep
the science easy and maybe even fun.

Slides and code are available at
https://github.com/jberger/WCpm-Moose-Talk and
https://github.com/jberger/YAPCNA2012/tree/master/NumSim respectively.

The official announcement, along with meeting details can be found at:
http://www.meetup.com/Windy-City-Perl-mongers-Meetup/events/71369352/

I hope to see you all there!

Joel Berger