[Chicago-talk] Informal Meeting Tomorrow

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Thu Dec 8 08:28:31 PST 2011

Hi,

On Thu, 8 Dec 2011 09:19:05 -0600
Joel Berger <joel.a.berger at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok so while there is still only a small response, those who have responded
> are still excited to meet, so:
>
> We Are Still On!
>
> Anyone, of course, will be welcome to come join us. We will be at Dugan's,
> just north of Adams on Halsted. As I metion in the meetup description,
> during happy hour (which I believe is 5-7) they have some free food, other
> than that there is no food at Dugans, so plan accordingly. I expect I will
> be there a little early so as to partake. The official start time for the
> meetup is 7:00.
>
> Some topics which may be discussed:
>
> - Physical units as Moose types (for unit conversion via coersion)

You may wish to look into Language::Farnsworth :

http://search.cpan.org/dist/Language-Farnsworth/

It has support for unit conversion and unit mathematics, including that of
aggregate units. So you can divide 100 miles by 2 hours and get the result in
metres/second, or much more funky stuff. We've been enjoying the "farnsworth"
bot on some Perl channels on Freenode.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish