[Chicago-talk] logging in and out files

Brian Katzung briank at kappacs.com
Tue Oct 19 11:48:21 PDT 2010

Tiger,

Does the solution have to be in Perl?

If you're on a *NIX platform, you might consider strace or truss to
track the system calls you want at the OS level.

   - Brian

On 2010-10-19 11:41, tiger peng wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Does anyone have the experience on tracing input/output files used by
> Perl script?
>
> I am think if there is anyway to over write the build-in open
> function, so the new open function can log the file name, IO type (R,
> W, or RW), as well as the open/close timestamp. Any suggestion is
> highly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Tiger

Brian Katzung, Kappa Computer Solutions, LLC
Leveraging UNIX, GNU/Linux, open source, and custom
software solutions for business and beyond
Phone: 877.367.8837 x1  http://www.kappacs.com