[Chicago-talk] Which cgi-bin in Ubuntu?

Clyde Forrester clydeforrester at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 12:01:05 PDT 2010

I did not need to modify anything. A post from Craig Van Tassle on LUNI
answered my questions.

There is no ScriptAlias in httpd.conf, but there is one in
/etc/apache2/sites-available/. So this allows the scripts in
/usr/lib/cgi-bin/ to run from a phantom /var/www/cgi-bin/, but the files
are otherwise isolated.

And the trivial "Hello, CGI!" script worked just fine. Having taken the
first few steps, I can now take more. Today the universe, tomorrow the
world!