[Chicago-talk] Email processing in perl

Mike Fragassi frag at ripco.com
Sat Nov 20 23:35:14 PST 2010

On Sat, 20 Nov 2010, richard at rushlogistics.com wrote:

> Does mail::audit or procmail have to be installed on my hosting
> company's server or can I just install it on my own linux box? I'm not
> sure what platform my hosting company uses.

WRT Mail::Audit, or any Perl modules, are you familiar with local::lib?
(That's no typo, it's one of the few non-pragma CPAN modules that's all
in lowercase.)  It provides a way to install modules when you don't have
root on a host.

I find the perldoc for local::lib to be a little confusing, but try this
tutorial for a walk-through of what it can do for you:

http://perl.jonallen.info/writing/articles/install-perl-modules-without-root

-- Mike F.