[Chicago-talk] Macbook pro question

Chris Hamilton cjhamil at gmail.com
Mon May 3 11:08:58 PDT 2010

Unless you're primarily using your PC outdoors on sunny days it's probably
not going to make much difference (and even in those cases it's difficult to
see a matte screen anyway).  Glossy screens generally look more vibrant,
particularly when you don't have a bright light source directly behind your
head.

As stated above, it's really a matter of personal preference, I'd go
somewhere and take a look at both screens side by side if you can, whichever
one you think looks better is the correct answer.

It's probably worth noting that not all glossy screens are created equal,
either, I've definitely seen some that appear to handle reflections a lot
better than others.

-Chris