[Chicago-talk] Meeting / Cassandra

Ted Zlatanov tzz at lifelogs.com
Fri Apr 9 11:19:51 PDT 2010

On Thu, 08 Apr 2010 11:53:04 -0500 Brad Doty <bdoty at eqtc.com> wrote:

BD> Sounds like your talk could fill the meeting.

I'll do 30 minutes (I'll go last), discussing just the Perl code.

Next time I'll do a longer presentation on NoSQL vs. traditional RDBMS.
Unless someone else wants to do it.

BD> But I have to question the wisdom of using a database named after a
BD> woman who foretold the future but was cursed with the fact that noone
BD> would ever believe her.  Does that mean you have to ignore whatever the
BD> Cassandra database tells you?  Or does it just apply to your users?

By that logic Trident gum would be really pointy :)  Sometimes a cigar
is just a cigar.

BD> Does Al Gore use Cassandra?

BD> Or is it used by those 5 guys paid by BP and Exxon Mobil to say that
BD> Climate Change is no big deal?

Yes to both.  Cassandra has also solved world hunger as a side project.

Ted