[Chicago-talk] getting past login with www::mechanize

Lee Aylward lee at laylward.com
Mon Nov 10 21:54:10 PST 2008

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 11:43:49PM -0600, Jay Strauss wrote:

> Yep I read about the javascript stuff.  Didn't even know you could turn off
> scripting.
>
> Alas, the site does NOT work without javascript.
>
> Too bad.

You can still send the necessary parameters to log in, you just need to
find out what they are. The Firebug extension for Firefox is very
helpful for this. Enable the Net monitoring before you submit the login
form, and then inspect the request to the server. You should be able to
figure out what parameters are being added via javascript.

--
Lee Aylward