[Chicago-talk] getting past login with www::mechanize

Andy Lester andy at petdance.com
Mon Nov 10 21:47:39 PST 2008

On Nov 10, 2008, at 11:43 PM, Jay Strauss wrote:

> Yep I read about the javascript stuff.  Didn't even know you could
> turn off scripting.
> Alas, the site does NOT work without javascript.

You're not necessarily out of luck, but it makes things much tougher.
Basically, you'll have to figure out what the JavaScript is doing, and
fudge the HTML and/or what Mech is doing.

It's not impossible, but it's a pain, and you have to know what you're
doing, and you'll probably be on your own.

Andy Lester => andy at petdance.com => www.petdance.com => AIM:petdance