[Chicago-talk] Script checkers

Steven Lembark lembark at wrkhors.com
Wed Jun 13 08:05:00 PDT 2007

Ed Pigg wrote:
> On Jun 13, 2007, at 8:22 AM, Ed Pigg wrote:
>> On Jun 13, 2007, at 8:10 AM, Domenico Tassone wrote:
>>> Can anyone recommend any script checking tools? I used one with an
>>> Ameritech
>>> service a while ago and it just checked for syntax (all I need);
>>> I've seen
>>> Perl critic but wondering if there's anything like this other one.
>> The compiler will check syntax. Are you looking for more?
> Sorry. I should have included
> perl -c yourscriptname

With warnings:

  perl -wc $path;

With verbose warnings (perldoc Diagnostics for details):

  perl -MDiagnostics -wc $path;

and, of course, you *did* use strict?

The Perl Design Patterns POD is a good place to look
for design ideas:

There are also a bunch of test modules for specific
parts of code (given you code like the authors of the
modules think you should, which I don't :-).

Steven Lembark                                         85-09 90th Street
Workhorse Computing                                  Woodhaven, NY 11421
lembark at wrkhors.com                                      +1 888 359 3508