[Chicago-talk] Who can scan the camel?

David H. Adler dha at panix.com
Sun Mar 26 16:55:13 PST 2006

On Sat, Mar 25, 2006 at 11:30:09PM -0600, JT Smith wrote:

> We own the copyright 100% so no legal issues.

This may not, in fact be the case. ORA owns the copyright on the image
of a camel in association with perl, rather than on the image itself
(although it might have that too).

I know there's some information out there about accepted uses of the
camel with perl (i.e. you can make $number of items with the logo
without asking, etc.), but I can't seem to find it at the moment.

If this isn't already dealt with, you should probably talk to the
permissions people at O'Reilly. For all I know, there may be a standing
YAPC permission.

dha

--
David H. Adler - <dha at panix.com> - http://www.panix.com/~dha/