[Chicago-talk] search indexers

JT Smith jt at plainblack.com
Fri Jan 20 14:29:12 PST 2006

> I maintain some code that does this also. I found that as table size and
> load increase, complex queries can really hang. We're waiting for MySQL
> Cluster to support FULLTEXT before doing a rewrite. <shrug>

At what point do you see this, and on why kind of hardware? Are we talking 100k rows,
1M, 1b? And what's the average size of your records? Or perhaps this is more easily
expressed as, what is the size of your database table on the file system?

JT ~ Plain Black
ph: 703-286-2525 ext. 810
fax: 312-264-5382
http://www.plainblack.com

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. ~ Adam Savage