[Chicago-talk] search indexers

Andrew Brosnan andrew at broscom.com
Fri Jan 20 13:53:09 PST 2006

On 1/20/06 at 1:08 PM, jt at plainblack.com (JT Smith) wrote:

> Just thought I'd do a follow up. There doesn't seem to be any one
> solution out there that meets my needs directly, so I've decided to
> roll my own using the MySQL FULLTEXT index feature. I've written an
> initial test case. It runs 9 times faster for imports than Plucene
> and 100 times faster for searches.

I maintain some code that does this also. I found that as table size and
load increase, complex queries can really hang. We're waiting for MySQL
Cluster to support FULLTEXT before doing a rewrite. <shrug>

Andrew

--
Andrew Brosnan - Broscom LLC - 1 207 925-1156
andrew at broscom.com - http://www.broscom.com