[Chicago-talk] AHHHHH!!!

Mike Fragassi frag at ripco.com
Fri Nov 11 06:55:42 PST 2005

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005, Joshua McAdams wrote:

> Is anyone still on for a YAPC planning meeting this weekend at 7?

I can make it.

> There is a lot to discuss.  We need to try to get a jump on
> sponsorship... right now, there are only three loosy confirmed.  We
> need to make up some events for sponsorship.  Last year IBM did a
> cruise.  This year, I've got estimate for dinner on the Sky Deck at
> Sears tower, a chartered 'L' tour of Chicago, and a lake and river
> cruise.  Do any of you Illinoisans have some other ideas?

I'd comparison shop the observation decks at the Hancock vs. the Sears.
The former, imho, is a nicer view.

Other possible venues for a dinner reception: Lincoln Park Zoo, the
Notabaert, MSI, Art Institute, Field, Adler, Shedd, Navy Pier, MCA,
Orchestra Hall, Soldier Field...  Hey, apparently the U-505 sub seats 120!
There's also a number of Chicago Park District locales:

For other social events: if the weather's hot, I propose a trip to an ice
rink.  Also, the Chicago Architecture Foundation has a variety of tours
available.  (http://www.architecture.org/tours.aspx)

And don't forget Fermilab.  Though I don't know if there's much to do
besides look at the Buffalo herd.

I wonder if Stern Pinball offers tours of their factory.

-- Mike F.