[Chicago-talk] CRON Jobs for the paranoid

Richard Reina richard at rushlogistics.com
Wed Jan 26 11:40:48 PST 2005

Due to lack of trust my office network is not hooked
up to the internet.  This means I (if I remeber)
manually set the time on ntp server once per week so
that the other computers can get the correct time.  I
am cosidering writing a short perl script that when
executed askes me for the time and resets the time on
the ntp server.  However, if I have cron execute the
script how can interrupt (get my attention) whatever I
am doing when I am logged in.

Any suggestions are appreceiated.

Thanks, Richard.