[Chicago-talk] Qualify Skills?

Jim Thomason thomasoniii at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 12:23:45 CDT 2004

> Maybe my description sells short, but I think we ended up on the same grade. You just
> described Andy Lester (except that he has touched Larry's moustache twice) and gave him
> a B+.

That's part of my point, the grades are pretty arbitrary. I'd probably
actually say that person's an A. Another interviewer would say he's a
C ("Well I'm sorry you feel I'm not qualified enough, Mr. Conway.").
But without the justification behind it, it doesn't mean anything.

if I have ideas in my head as to what constitutes an "A" person, and
you have different ideas, and all we share is the letter, then
someone's not going to get what they were hoping for.

Andy's probably best qualified to comment on all of this, though.

-Jim...