[Chicago-talk] Qualify Skills?

Jim Thomason thomasoniii at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 12:18:10 CDT 2004

> So I took the test, and did pretty well on it. I ended up getting the
> job but since then, I use the scores I obtained on brainbench.com to
> answer "how do you rate yourself?". This is because the scores given to
> you tell you which percentile you are in compared to others who took the
> test.
>
> It's pretty cool...

Brainbench used to be free for anybody to take, back in the good ole
days of dotcoms and burnrates and theoretical future profits. Now they
charge you (if you do it for yourself), or the company interviewing
you (if it's an interview). Consequently, I haven't updated my
brainbench certs in years and they're long since expired.

Way back when, I took the test and scored #3 in the world.

I never really put much stock in it, but I always listed it on my
resume, it was fun leaping off point with an interviewer and usually
got their attention.

-Jim....