[Chicago-talk] Best perl editor on Linux?

Steven Lembark lembark at wrkhors.com
Tue Jan 27 00:52:35 CST 2004

> "Multi level undo.                                       |undo|
> 'u' goes backward in time, 'ctrl-R' goes forward again.  Set option
> 'undolevels' to the number of changes to be remembered (default 1000).
> Set 'undolevels' to 0 for a vi-compatible one level undo. Set it to
> -1 for no undo at all."

Quick, without looking at the manual, man pages, or printed
cheat notes list all of the settings that affect any keystrokes
defined in the original vi... I certianly can't remember that
much -- and am certianly likely to fry myself walking into a
place that has customized the vi keyboard responses.

I use vile's extensions all of the time, and miss them sorely
when I'm on a site without them. But at least I can walk up
to a stock, out-of-the-box Solaris vi and get my work done
without looking like an idiot retyping things that get fried
by misadvertent muscle memory.

                                            +1 888 359 3508