[Chicago-talk] Best perl editor on Linux?

Wiggins d'Anconia wiggins at danconia.org
Mon Jan 26 18:34:56 CST 2004

Steven Lembark wrote:

> -- "Young, Aaron" <Aaron.Young at citadelgroup.com>
>
>> what syntax did they break?
>

> The thing that bites me most often is 'u'. Typing "uu"
> in other vi editors dues a duble-undo, which removes and
> replaces the last change. This is nice for getting back
> to the location of your last change or seeing its effects.
>
> In vim 'u' backs out multiple changes, which can be a real
> hassle if you are used to 'u' getting someplace and end up
> typing it 2-3 times...

Yikes, to me that is the best improvement possible...to each their own,
but Vim does come with vi compatibility mode, and most of the individual
options can be handled separately... from the Vim docs:

"Multi level undo.                                       |undo|
'u' goes backward in time, 'ctrl-R' goes forward again.  Set option
'undolevels' to the number of changes to be remembered (default 1000).
Set 'undolevels' to 0 for a vi-compatible one level undo. Set it to
-1 for no undo at all."

Next?  ;-)

http://danconia.org