[Chicago-talk] Interfacing to a Java pgm with API

JT Smith jt at plainblack.com
Tue Oct 7 10:22:05 CDT 2003

>You also could try using a CPAN module like Java [1] or Inline::Java to
>wrap the Java directly in Perl. I have no experience with either, so I can't
>comment on how well they work. But it would be interesting. At the very least,
>if you come up with a workable solution it would make a killer
>chicago-pm/uniforum presentation.

I've used the Inline::Java wrapper before and it works quite well under a controlled
environment. I haven't used it in production though. I did try using it under mod_perl
and I can tell you with great assurance that Inline::Java will not work under mod_perl.
=)

JT ~ Plain Black

Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave.