[Chicago-talk] Interfacing to a Java pgm with API

Jay Strauss me at heyjay.com
Tue Oct 7 09:11:53 CDT 2003

Hi,

I have this Java application (GUI) that is written by my brokerage, it
allows you to do all the normal stuff: quote, buy, sell, check positions...
Additionally, they provide a Java API for communicating with this
application, so that you can interface it with your custom systems.  The API
is just a bunch of Java classes that one wraps with their own logic for
their own needs.

I think the API talks to the application via a socket, and basically you
configure callbacks into your code that the application calls under certain
events.

Anyhow, does anyone have any suggestions what avenues I might explore about
who to make this talk to perl?  Oh, BTW they also make a C++ API too.

Note: I don't know Java or C++, and hardly know Perl (as I'm sure you all
know).

Thanks as always
Jay