[Charlotte.PM] Meeting date & merging

Matthew Lefevre mjlefevre at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 19:21:02 PST 2008

A LAMP group would be cool.  I've never heard of one here in Charlotte.  I
haven't been to the Charlotte LUG in years so not sure how much of the
A,M,&P side of things they cover.
I know many of my User Group links need serious updating:
http://www.matthewlefevre.com/wiki/article.php/Charlotte_User_Groups
I got distracted recently with Ruby/Rails and Groovy/Grails and my PHP site
is falling apart! lol

Would love to trade MySQL ideas with people.  I'm ramping up for the 2
developers exams now.

Speaking of PHP - maybe kicking up a second thread but...
Anyone have any thoughts on:
CakePHP vs Code Ignitor vs Zend Framework vs Symfony vs etc...
I'm leaning towards a site rewrite in CakePHP, it seems to map well to the
Rails/Grails way of thinking... maybe more so than the others.  Thoughts?
CakePHP Drawbacks?

By the way after some serious digging I was able to find this podcast on
CouchDB:
http://takingnotes.openntf.org/blogs/takingnotes.nsf/dx/taking-notes-episode-23-06.07.06.htm

Matt