[Charlotte.PM] Meeting date & merging

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Tue Feb 19 13:27:11 PST 2008

Hey Mike,

Thanks for your feedback. As of today, we have the room and a speaker (a
contributor to Subversion) scheduled for next Wednesday, Feb 27th at
CPCC central campus. I'll get a more formal meeting notice out soon
along with updating the website.

I like your suggestion of getting together this Thursday. (BTW, sorry I
missed you last time, I didn't see anyone when I walked in and just
grabbed a seat at the bar.) How about we try the Thirsty Beaver saloon
on Central Ave @ 7pm?

> William, in response to your email below:
>
>    1. PHP People - Sounds like a good idea

They had a good presentation last month and some ideas for future
meetings as well that tie in nicely with what we talk about. And they're
also interested in Ruby.

>    2. Meeting date moved to 4th Weds - Sounds like a great idea,
>    and I'd be interested in attending Raleigh PM meetings. I'm
>    game for carpooling as well.

Cool. Raleigh PM has some good meetings. I'll keep an eye out for the
next one that looks worth the drive.

> Also, just to put this on peoples' radar, one of the CouchDB developers
> will be in Charlotte off and on during March. The PHP people might be
> interested as he developed the PHP interface for CouchDB. I'd be
> interested in either setting up a q&a session or a more informal,
> beer-based, meeting with him:

This does look interesting. In fact, the CharPy group is talking about
having him for one of their meetings[1].

William

[1] http://groups.google.com/group/charpy/browse_thread/thread/a1537eb72c72f015

--
Knowmad Technologies - Web Site Development & Programming
W: http://www.knowmad.com | E: william at knowmad.com
P: 704.343.9330 | http://www.LinkedIn.com/in/williammckee