Central Coast Perl Mongers 09/04/00

Stewart Heckenberg stewart.heckenberg at studentmail.newcastle.edu.au
Sun Apr 9 02:04:55 CDT 2000

At 17:12 9/04/00 -0500, homeless wrote:
>Hey!

Hey again,

>On Saturday, 8 April 2000 10:26 Stewart Heckenberg wrote:
>>Heyas,
>>
>>A warm welcome to Homeless, the newest member of Central Coast Perl
>>Mongers!
>
>Thanx!

No probs :)

>>So far we have four members, including myself! I know that Skud lives in
>>Melbourne (he actually runs the Melbourne Perl Mongers group) so he can't
>>attend any possible future meetings :)
>

>Lots 'a famous super-heros ran in packs of four!
>Maybe with our combined powers we can save australia from the evil tyranny
>of AOL,
>and Skud can be the guy that calls us on the in-car-video-phone and gives us
>our missions.

Awww, why can't I make up the missions?

>>I'm live in Wyee on the Central Coast - Homeless and Sue, whereabouts do
>>you reside?
>

>I (homeless) live in Newcastle.  I'm a geographical neophyte in this area,
>and I was kinda
>hoping Central Coast would be the closest pm group around.  It is, isn't it?

I go to Newcastle Uni - I was thinking of calling the group Newcastle Perl
Mongers but I like the coast better so I stuck with Central Coast Perl
Mongers.

>>I think I'll start emailing regularly even though we only have a handful of
>>members, just for practice ;)
>>
>>Kind regards,
>>Stewart
>
>cool.
>
>Who is everybody? What are your backgrounds in perl and/or camel riding?
>And Are you Mac-ees, Linux-ees, or Win-ees (the poos)?
>Not that I'm, er, prejudice.

I've been interested in Perl for a few years now and I've done a modest
amount of code in Perl for Uni assignments and some websites. I'm no guru,
but I can ride my camel without falling off (too much).

I use all of those the operating systems - Unix (several flavours), Mac and
Windows at Uni, Windows at work, and Windows and Linux at home. I'm most
comfortable in Windows, but I'll probably use Linux more when I buy a
better computer (I own a 486!)...

>chow,
>    homeless

Cheers,