[Buffalo-pm] A Seriously OT Question

keith tarbell ikeith at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 2 19:05:16 PDT 2010

The real problem is finding any venues for "classic Buffalo cuisine" that are still in business. Yes, Schwabel's, but their quality is inconsistent. Andersons is a local institution, but their beef-on-weck doesn't compare to Schwabel's at their best.

Anchor is under new management, but other's have improved on the concept (taking a throw-away part of the bird and making it something you would eat).  Pizza is not distinctly Buffalo cuisine, but there are local favorites (avoid most, but I like Bob and John's).

Best bet is to find a corner bar in a neighborhood that seems relatively safe and let them show you how it used to be. (Maybe someone can suggest one, since it's been a long time since I've been bar-hopping. I'm thinking South Buffalo or Black Rock.  Also, check out <www.buffalorising.com>, they review a lot of local eateries. )
</keith>