[Buffalo-pm] Meeting Tonight!

Jim Brandt cbrandt at buffalo.edu
Wed Jun 15 04:50:12 PDT 2005

I've gotten confirmation that the room should be available, so the
meeting is on for tonight.

Details:

242 Bell Hall
UB North Campus

Wednesday, June 15, 7:00 PM

Agenda:

* Talk about topics for the remaining sessions this summer and set
some tentative agendas;

* YAPC, who's going?

* Main topic: installing modules
  - how do you install a Perl module from CPAN on a Unixy type system
by hand?
  - how do you install modules using the CPAN module?
  - other features of the CPAN module
  - problems installing modules
  - installing modules on Windows

Kevin, if you could talk about the module install basics you
mentioned in your email, that would be great. I'll talk about some of
these things, specifically some work I've done recently with CPAN
autobundles. See here for more info:

http://perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=455259

If someone could bring their windows machine, we can talk about
active state perl as well.

See you tonight!

Jim