[Buffalo-pm] Stumped on mod_perl problem

Kevin Christopher bpm at binarymojo.net
Thu Jun 26 09:53:57 CDT 2003

I am running Mandrake 8.2 on my box at home. I've installed mod_perl and
it seems to be working fine, no problems (superficially anyway) with the
Apache API.

However, I'm having a hell of a time trying to get Mason and or Embperl up
and running. No matter how much I fiddle around with three config files (
httpd.conf, http-perl.conf and commonhttpd.conf ), I cannot get the Mason
or Emperl config directives to work. The problem seems to hinge on not
being able to find mod_perl.so or mod_perl.c. In fact, I can't find these
myself in my module directory or anywhere else on my system for that
matter. Yet, mod_perl seems to be running fine and I haven't had any
problem until attempting to use a dependent module.

Has anyone else had an issue like this? BTW installed mod_perl, etc. from
RPMs.

-Kevin C.