[Brisbane-pm] Introductions

Ben Boyle benjamins.boyle at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 07:40:23 CDT 2004

Name's Ben, never posted much on this list (if ever).

I work in Department of Education and the Arts. Use perl (version 5.0)
to extend the limited OOTB functionality available in Interwoven
TeamSite CMS (www.interwoven.com); mostly as a wrapper for running
Windows command line tools (exe files) because that's the API provided
with the product ... :]

It's a shocking system, but I enjoy the perl coding. Have used perl on
and off since 1998. My background is web/multimedia development so I
primarily use it for CGI programming (apart from the above) and I like
it's flexible style and string manipulation, and coding
object-oriented.

Don't mind a bit of PHP or other languages either. Different tools for
different problems :)

And that's that really :)
cheers
Ben