[Brisbane-pm] Introductions

Shane Brown s1.brown at qut.edu.au
Tue Aug 3 20:08:40 CDT 2004

Ahoy mateys,

I began using perl for text analysis purposes because
there was a lack of tools that would play nice for me.
I come from a social science background : the most
complex programming I'd done in the past was on a Mac
using hyperard. Oh the power!

Now I've completed a text analysis package for use by
the Australian tertiary sector, and am currently playing
with a machine learning framework for automatic text
categorization. My coding ambitions most likely outstrip
my abilities by a fair degree, but hey .. it's perl,
I can always find a way to do something - even if it's a
dumb one.

Cheers
--
Shane Brown - Researcher
School of Management, Queensland University of Technology
s1.brown at qut.edu.au
ph 07 3864 1387
CRICOS code 00213J