[BNE-PM] More O'Reilly stuff.

Gordon Fletcher G.Fletcher at mailbox.gu.edu.au
Thu Oct 14 22:16:37 CDT 1999

I'll put my hand up to geekwear as well.

I just got a bundle of O'Reilly catalogues mailed to me. I'll post them on
individually if anyone wants one desparatelyy (I'll need an address).

Alternately a meeting could solve the problem in one swop and save me some
postage. I'm probably most available on a Friday afternoon/early evening
if that is of any use as a starting point. Maybe a cafe (I'll even make a
booking - promise) or some other venue (The city TimeZone? but _surely he
jests_?).

The woman from Woodslane also emailed back. Our developing interest in
Geekwear has been noted... She also indicated a willingness to occasional
provide review copies and to offer special deals on the O'Reilly products.

Now a question - I have a script which forks out multiple requests via LWP
to various search engines. It works at an acceptable pace but the hit on
my Linux box is something of a worry (~ 18% CPU and 15% Memory on a 400Mhz
128M Redhat installation) any suggestions how to keep the pace without
such a big whack on the server? Multiple processor solutions will be
entertained.

Gordon