[boulder.pm] Mailing Lists (majordomo) was "nonmember bounces"

J. Wayde Allen wallen at lug.boulder.co.us
Thu Jan 11 12:28:59 CST 2001

On Wed, 10 Jan 2001, Walter Pienciak wrote:

> I'm sorry; I wasn't being clear.  The admins at pm.org have
> configured their majordomo so that this is NOT a configurable
> option for any of the lists run off their server.

Based on what you were saying I had kind of inferred that.  This isn't
specifically a majordomo issue then.  It has more to do with the system
administration on your list server.  The sysadmin trumps any features of
any list server.

As for the guys trying to create a "user friendly" interface for a mailing
list, I wish them the very best of luck!  While I think this is a very
laudable project, I've never seen an interface that people for some reason
or other either can't or won't use.  For example, to subscribe or
unsubscribe to my Mailman lists a person just needs to go to the web
interface (URL at the bottom of each post), type in their list password,
and click on a button.  It is amazing how many people don't seem to be
able to do that.

- Wayde
  (wallen at lug.boulder.co.us)