[boulder.pm] activity on this list

Eric Shore Baur baur at frii.com
Thu Jan 20 16:31:07 CST 2000

What the heck... I'll reply.
    What was I looking for in the list?  I was looking for a way to meet other
people interesting in programming that I might be able to ask questions and/or
just meet up with every once in awhile.
    I'm not a professional programmer, but a high school math teacher.  As such,
I don't learn much from my job about perl (or anything about computers), so I
was looking for friendly tech list that I could eaves-drop on and maybe learn a
bit.  When I get comfortable, I might ask some things (anyone want to help me
write a chess script? <grin>), but I figured I'd just listen in for awhile.

    As for meeting, I might not be able to make it as I live in Northglenn now.
I used to live in Boulder, but I'd love to try and make it up to go for a hike,
talk around a bar, or whatever.
    It also might be fun to try and set up something *like* a tutorial where we
could bring something we're working on and get ideas on.  ???  Don't know if
anyone else would be interested in that, but I often wonder if there's a better
way to do something I've written... and I don't have anywhere to get feedback
right now except for my own reading and re-writing.

Eric