A bizarre but plausible idea for a sponsor

Patrick Moore paddy at earth.li
Fri Aug 22 17:50:09 CDT 2003

Hi Nick,

* On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 11:44:09PM +0100, Nick Johnston said:
> >If people have ideas on the sorts of things they would like to see at
> >the conference - please feel free to suggest them.  I got a great list
> >from Wesley detailing some of the things he would like to see.
> >
> Well, I made some notes on the organisation of YAPC::2003, so here are
> my suggestions:
> - Radio/wireless microphones: several speakers including Mark Jason
> Dominus like to walk around while they're giving a talk and having only
> fixed microphones can make it difficult to hear the speaker unless
> they've got a good speaking voice.

This can easily be obtained.  If not, a couple of boundary mikes could well
be used...  I could probably sort them out without much bother...

> - Not many copies of the schedule were on display at YAPC::2003. Yes, I
> know it's a minor point, but when you're carrying a glass of Coke in one
> hand and a camera in the other, getting the schedule out of your bag is
> a bit of a pain. A few copies of the schedule up on the walls around the
> break area would be great.
> - Drinks: I don't like drinking hot drinks, so I'd appreciate a range of
> cold drinks (ideally Coke, water and orange juice)

In so far as the hot drinks go, you may be able to talk to the likes of
Clements about such a thing?

--
this signature was brought to you by the letter R and the number 48
htag 0.0.22: [             You say psycho like it's a bad thing...]